Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
At The Law Offices of Samuel S. Sorota, we take pride in providing effective
legal services to our clients.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy offers you the opportunity to pay back your debts over a period of time through affordable monthly payments. This would usually span between a period of three to five years.
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is ideal for individuals and small business owners who do not qualify for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy as a result of having income that is considered too high. Anyone who wishes to file Chapter 13 Bankruptcy must show evidence of steady and sufficient income required to repay the debt.
With Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, you can have cheaper and more affordable monthly payments for your mortgage and auto loan arrears. You may also get to pay next to nothing on unsecured debts such as credit card bills, personal loans, medical bills, certain taxes and many others.
The obvious advantages of filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy are:
- You can save your home and car since it gives you time to catch up on missed payments
- You can have reduced monthly payments for your auto loan, mortgage and other secured debts
- You can remove liens on your property
- Pay back only a small portion of unsecured debt
- Civil judgments
- Stretch out and buy more time to pay back non-dischargeable debt such as student loans.
- Stop receiving harassing phone calls from creditors
If you’re overburdened by debt and considering filing bankruptcy, it’s best to seek advice from a seasoned professional who can guide you through the right path. To take advantage of a free consultation with our Miami Bankruptcy attorney, call us at (305) 652-7777.