At The Law Offices of Samuel S. Sorota, we take pride in providing effective
legal services to our clients.
Officially known as a Permanent Residence Card, Green Card holders are allowed to live and work permanently in the United States. Green Cards may be obtained while residing in the United States or while the applicant is in their home country. If in the United States, you will need to apply to adjust status and if outside the United States, you will need to go for Consular Processing in your home country.
The procedure for obtaining a Green Card varies depending on the applicant’s situation. In most cases, you must have a sponsor who petitions on your behalf and in some cases, you may be eligible to file yourself. Usually, the petitioner is a family member or an employer.
You may be eligible to obtain a Green Card if you fall under any of the Eligibility categories such as:
- Obtaining through family – spouses, children, fiancé(e)s (and their children), parents, widow(er)s and siblings of U.S. citizens or spouses and children of Legal Permanent Residents.
- Obtaining through employment– immigrant workers who fall under the eligible categories, physicians who fall under the National Interest Waiver category and immigrant investors.
- Obtaining as a Special Immigrant– religious workers, children who have Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) status, certain Afghanistan and Iraq nationals, international broadcaster.
- Employees and certain family members of some international organizations
- Obtaining through refugee or asylee status
- Victims of crimes, human trafficking and abuse
- Persons who have resided continuously in the U.S. since before January 1st, 1972
Our experienced immigration lawyers can help you determine whether you’re eligible to file a green card application. Over the years, our extensive knowledge of U.S. immigration laws and USCIS procedures have enabled us successfully obtain green cards for foreign nationals. We work closely with petitioners – family members and employers to ensure that the application is successful.
If you would like to take advantage of our free consultation for your green card application process, please give us a call at (305) 652-7777 to schedule an appointment.
We understand that immigration matters are sensitive and so we work closely with our clients to offer a personalized service. If you would like to take advantage of our free consultation for your immigration matter, please give us a call at (305) 652-7777 to schedule an appointment.